Tuesday, June 15, 2010

PA Survival Kit

Tomorrow, I start a 5 day shoot as a production assistant for a local short film called "Leah Not Leia". While my main interests and career lie in post-production, I do enjoy the camaraderie of a set, and I've been wanting to get involved in the indie film in the Indianapolis area for a while. I'll blog more about the experience after principal photography is finished on Monday.

I've put together a survival kit for myself and another production assistant, Katie. We decided since we're going to be going straight from working all day to 7+ hour shoots in the evening, or 13 hours a day this weekend, we may as well be prepared. Here's what we have:

  • 5 t-shirts (non-logo, just in case we have to fill in some empty spots in the scene)
  • Clean socks
  • Backup bottled water
  • Vitamins
  • Small snacks
  • Medications (tylenol, stomach stuff, throat stuff)
  • Cough drops
  • Baby powder
  • Small sewing kit
  • Band aids and liquid bandage
  • Lotion
  • Wet wipes
  • Smelly spray
  • Deoderant 
  • Umbrella
  • Sunscreen
  • Playing cards
  • Pens
I think that's all I have. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment