Monday, March 1, 2010

Portfolio - Digital Creations Club PSA

This was another school project, but not for a video class. I took a general multimedia class that did a lot of work in Flash to get a better handle on that, and we had to do a big overall project in any media discipline. So of course I chose video to get something else in my portfolio.

I was the Communications Officer for the DCC and I worked on this project with the VP. She ended up doing the coordinating and I did the shooting and editing, which worked just fine for me.

The project was shot on one of the school's HD Canon cameras (I can't remember the model) and honestly, I struggled to make it look like I knew what I was doing during the shoot. Our subjects were a professor and an alumni, so it wasn't bigtime pressure, but I didn't want to look like an idiot. I had spent so much time focusing on post, I had let myself not be so confident on the camera. But I managed to do just fine, luckily.

This project otherwise came together pretty easily. It was intended to be shown on the internal video system at IUPUI, which is why we went with the border. I personally still don't care for the border, but my partner insisted, so there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment